There are so many sayings relating to money – probably because it makes the world go round! ‘Cheap and cheerful’ is another one. Let’s face it – things are usually cheap for a reason. And that’s OK when it doesn’t have to last too long.
But you wouldn’t scrimp on your self-build project would you? Buying cheap usually backfires – you either have to repair it or replace it when it lets you down. And you wouldn’t choose materials or finishes that don’t perform well or look sub-standard.
And the same goes for your all-important estimate budget report.
- You wouldn’t trust the cost calculations for your self-build to someone who’s never been in the construction business
- You wouldn’t want your estimate started by one person and finished by another
- You wouldn’t want the estimator to take a guess on a query because they haven’t got time to phone you
- You wouldn’t feel happy knowing that your estimate has to be finished by a certain time, come what may, because there’s a quota of estimates to be reached
…would you? Even if it was cheap? No? We thought not. And since we’re not a building firm trying to win your work, you’ll appreciate that we have nothing to gain by giving you anything other than a truly independent view. This isn’t a case of ‘go with the middle price’ or ‘the most expensive because it’s bound to be high quality’ or ‘the cheapest because that’s all the budget can stand’.
Bottom line – if in reality your project turned out to be more costly because of miscalculations – you’d have to find the funds to pay for it. Any errors in the pricing of materials or labour for instance would land at your door.
Cost my Self Build might not be the cheapest service out there – but as they say, you get what you pay for:
- Estimators who bring a combined 155 years’ worth of building experience. They’ve either run their own construction business or worked in it.
- A personal relationship – one person committed to seeing your project through from start to finish
- An over-the-phone conversation to clear up any ambiguities
- An appreciation of your build route options
- The application of the national average rates of buyable building materials – so that your prices are up to date
- Any general building suggestions at no extra cost as appropriate – they have, in the past, saved self-builders money.
- A desire to help you achieve the right outcome – if that means tweaking materials to get the final cost inside your budget
- A fully detailed self builder friendly estimate report
- And a full cost breakdown to assist with finance applications
Not that our Estimating Service is expensive – it’s excellent value for money. But there are clearly some things in life worth paying for. If your estimator can help you achieve everything you want from your self-build project all within budget, then that’s definitely money well spent. In fact it’s…priceless!
We can put money where our mouth is! The quality of our work is excellent, as our sample estimates show. So you can see why our fees represent really good value for money and why we have highly satisfied customers. For more info call us on 0117 916 7878, email firstname.lastname@example.org or simply send us a plan to quote for – it’s very straightforward. You can’t buy better!